Michael W. Olff, EA, CFP
James E. Smith
Gateway Financial Advisors Inc.
1801 N. California Boulevard #106
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Financial and Economic Brief - April 1, 2021
• What You Need to Know About the New “American Rescue Plan Act” - Learn about the economic benefits of this act passed by Congress and signed into law by President Biden.
• Funding Infrastructure Revitalization May Fall on the backs of Corporations and the Wealthy – Pundits have observed that many of America’s infrastructures are in serious need of repair/replacement.
• What Should You be Considering when Investing in 2021? - There is absolutely no foolproof way, strategy or guarantee to successfully invest in the stock market.
Financial and Economic Brief - March 1, 2021
• The Bureau of Economic Analysis Spells it All Out - If you have ever wanted to find an informational foundation that provides complete analysis of several parts of the American economy, look no further.
• How Inflation Effects the Financial Condition of Your Life – At this point, we are frequently told that we should have very little concern about inflation and its impact on the economy.
• Growing Need for Long Term Care Insurance as Baby Boomers Enter Old Age. - Baby Boomers are realizing that they should have taken on an LTC insurance policy a decade ago.
Financial and Economic Brief - February 1, 2021
• How Option Trading Shocked “Short Selling” Institutional Traders - This is one story that has many of us scratching our heads and wondering; how can a group of small investors bring down large Wall Street traders?
• Economic Impact of Shutting down the Keystone XL Pipeline – Economists are evaluating the impact this shutdown will have on jobs, the US Economy and climate change.
• Small Businesses Need to Act Quickly for The PPP “Second Draw” - Congress has passed legislation that will provide an additional $284 Billion Dollars for small businesses.
Financial and Economic Brief - January 1, 2021
• Highlights of New Covid Stimulus Bill - The new legislation, signed on December 27, 2020, has something in it for everyone; and more may be coming!
• Migration Movement from City to Farm? – Many Americans believe that the Covid-19 Pandemic has caused many to uproot their families and move from cities to suburbs or rural countryside.
• Chances of an IRS audit? The IRS Releases the Numbers. - One of the most unsettling times in a person’s life is the dreaded IRS audit.
Financial and Economic Brief - December 1, 2020
• Dow Breaks 30K – Is There a Higher Limit? - Pundits predicted that it would be many years, if not decades, before the Dow would recover to highs prior to March of 2020.
• The Fed’s Impact on Mortgage Rates & Acquisition of MBS – In the past, the party line among bankers was that the Fed’s control of the money supply had little to do with long term mortgage rates.
• The New SECURE Act Changes Required Minimum Distributions at retirement age - You may need a complete review of your retirement strategy based on how the new legislation will affect your retirement strategy.
Financial and Economic Brief - November 1, 2020
• GDP – The Latest Numbers for Q3 - Market analysts frequently rely on Real Gross Domestic Product reports in an attempt to determine long- and short-range investment strategies.
• GM Announces an all-Electric Vehicle Future – Here’s what Mary Bara, CEO of GM has recently said; “We want to put everyone in an EV, and we believe we have what it takes to do it.
• The Fed’s Definition of the “Money Supply”? - It seems as though we know very little about how the Money Supply affects personal investment and purchasing decisions.