To help our clients create a "Quality Life Plan" allowing them to plan and control their financial future.
Gateway Financial Advisors Inc.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Financial & Economic Brief - February 11th, 2014
• Markets Awaiting Yellen’s Remarks - Stocks started the day off slowly with investors waiting to see what transpires in Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen’s Congressional appearance Tuesday.
• World’s Advanced Economies Recovering - The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has reported that its leading indicator has reached its highest level since February 2011.
• Baby Boomers Leaving U.S. Work Force - With the U.S. population aging and many job seekers giving up on finding work altogether, the participation rate in the American labor force is at a nearly 40-year low.
Financial & Economic Brief - February 26th, 2014
• U.S. Economy Strengthening - U.S. stocks are ahead today as investors wager that the economy can endure the slowdown of the Federal Reserves’ bond-buying program.
• World Economy Boost - The world’s 19 richest nations and the European Union, otherwise known as the G20, have recently promised to establish plans that will add $2 trillion to the world economy over the next five years.
• Japan’s Economy Slowing - As Japan’s economy shows signs of slowing speculation has risen that the Bank of Japan (BOJ) may need to increase its present purchases of bonds and other assets.
Financial & Economic Brief - February 5th, 2014
• Manufacturing Slows - The U.S. Manufacturing Purchasing Index fell in January to 53.7, according to Markit a financial data firm.
• Stocks Drop - The S&P 500 Index posted its biggest January loss since 2010 and U.S. stocks dropped, as investors respond to a report on manufacturing.
• Solid Growth in Q4 - Stronger numbers in consumer spending and exports drove the U.S. economy to end 2013 in the black.
Financial & Economic Brief - February 19th, 2014
• Winter Weather Costing Billions - As a series of winter storms has left much of the United States covered in deep snow and treacherous ice since December, the economy has taken a $15 billion hit...
• U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Plummets - According to the National Association of Home Builders, U.S. homebuilder confidence had its biggest one-month drop ever in February.
• Divorce Rate Rises as Economy Improves - After dropping significantly during the 18-month recession, figures from the U.S. Census Bureau show that the number of divorcing Americans has risen for the third year in a row.
Financial & Economic Brief - March 5th, 2014
• Ukraine and the World Economy - Ukraine’s current political instability is being watched because it is a significant channel between the Russian and European markets
• U.S. Stocks Fall - U.S. stocks dropped due to Russia’s threat to invade Ukraine, which has caused a global equity selloff.
• Jobs Out West - According to IHS Global Insight, 70% of the 10 states with the fastest job growth for 2014 will be in the West.