To help our clients create a "Quality Life Plan" allowing them to plan and control their financial future.
Gateway Financial Advisors Inc.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Financial & Economic Brief - March 26th, 2014
• U.S. Exporters Affected - Product orders from Russia are being suspended or trimmed for several U.S. exporters as the U.S. confronts Russia...
• China’s Reforms at Risk - As growth in China seems to be slowing down, Beijing may be driven to put critical market-oriented reforms on hold.
• Eurozone Recovery Strong - The Eurozone economic recovery seems to be more comprehensive with the expansion in both the manufacturing and service industries...
Financial & Economic Brief - April 9th, 2014
• Corporate Earnings Down - According to FactSet Research, earnings for companies in the S&P 500 are expected to be down by 1.2% in the first quarter of 2014.
• Conflicts Arise Among Markets - International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank officials meet this week to discuss the tensions between emerging and advanced markets on policy decisions.
• Off-Exchange Trading - “Off-exchange” trading is happening so regularly now that around 40% of all trades that quote stock prices may not mirror where the market actually is.
Financial & Economic Brief - April 23rd, 2014
• Investors Still Skeptical - The average American is still cautious of investing in the market despite the fact that stocks have been in a bull market since 2009
• Economic Upswing - Last week’s jobless claims and factory data suggested an improvement in economic activity after a slow winter
• Property-Tax Collections Up - Property-tax collections are rising at the fastest pace since the U.S. housing market collapse sent government revenue on a downward spiral.
Financial & Economic Brief - March 19th, 2014
• Stocks Up Despite Crimean Vote - Despite the Crimean vote over the weekend to leave Ukraine and join Russia stocks rose today after last week’s losses.
• China Widens Trading Band - China’s decision to allow its currency’s value to fluctuate more against the U.S. dollar was welcomed by U.S. Treasury Secretary.
• Teen Employment Plunges - According to a new study by the Brookings Institution, teens and early 20-somethings are not finding jobs.
Financial & Economic Brief - April 2nd, 2014
• Potential for another Quarterly Gain - Stocks are up today and if they hold, the S&P 500 Index is positioned for a fifth straight quarterly gain.
• Health Care Prices Up - Health care expenses rose at a 5.6% annual rate in the fourth quarter of 2013, the fastest pace in 10 years, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
• Inflation Hits Lowest Levels - Inflation in the Euro zone continues to be an issue as it hit its lowest level since November 2009 in March.
Financial & Economic Brief - April 15th, 2014
• U.S. Retail Sales Up - U.S. retail sales increased 1.1% in March, the largest climb since September 2012, according to The Commerce Department.
• Stocks Fall - Last week the Nasdaq’s most expensive and risky stocks fell, adding to the 8.2% drop since its March 5 high.
• Growth Fragile - After three days of talks, top officials from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank concluded that the global economy is getting stronger but is still fragile.